CBCN commits to adhere to specific policies regarding our financial relationships with commercial entities to minimize the impact of real, potential or perceived conflicts of interest that may arise when patient organizations accept financial support from companies.
- Patient Interest: CBCN will conduct all activities ensuring that the best interests of patients and caregivers affected by breast cancer nationwide is at the forefront of its decision-making.
- Integrity and Scrutiny: CBCN will perform its duties with integrity in a manner that will withstand public scrutiny.
- Respect: CBCN will respect the stakeholder relations policies of the companies with which they are involved.
- Impartiality and Transparency: CBCN will ensure that it is impartial, and objective and that decisions are made based on evidence and merit. CBCN will be as open as possible about all actions that it takes and advice it provides.
- Accountability: CBCN will accept accountability for its compliance to this Code and ensure its sponsors are familiar with its policies.