The Canadian Breast Cancer Network is seeking breast cancer patients and survivors to join our national Board of Directors
The Canadian Breast Cancer Network (CBCN) is Canada’s leading patient directed health charity. CBCN is unique in that all directors have experienced a breast cancer diagnosis. By joining the board, you will help give a voice to the thousands of Canadians whose lives are impacted by breast cancer every year. This is a volunteer position.
We are currently seeking Canadians living in Ontario who have been diagnosed with breast cancer to join our national board of directors.
As a CBCN board member you will:
- Actively participate to help fulfil CBCN’s mission to ensure the best quality of life for all Canadians affected by breast cancer.
- Help identify priorities for CBCN based on the needs of patients and survivors within your community and province/territory.
- Represent CBCN within your province/territory at relevant conferences or meetings.
CBCN values diversity on our board of directors and throughout our organization. Individuals representing diverse populations are encouraged to apply, including Canadians living with metastatic breast cancer. We are looking for applicants from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to diversity in:
- Type/subtype of breast cancer diagnosis
- Age at diagnosis
- Current age
- Cultural background
- Religious background
- Socio-economic status
- Geographical location in Ontario
We are also particularly interested in applicants with expertise and experience in the following areas:
- past board member
- financial and business skills
- communications and media experience
Time Commitment and Communication
Board members have one board meeting every 2 months. These meetings are for one hour and are held virtually on Zoom. There are also annual general meetings after our audit for each fiscal year. These meetings occur once a year and are for 30 minutes, followed by a 30 minute board meeting. There are also ad-hoc meetings such as reviewing bylaws, strategic planning, finance meetings etc.
Outside of meetings, email communications are sent out for things such as:
- Updates about CBCN work
- Relevant breast cancer news and updates
- Approving annual budget
- Monthly financial statement reviews
- Other governance and board related work
The application deadline is March 1, 2024. Please email completed application forms to Bukun Adegbembo at email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity please contact Bukun Adegbembo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD PDF APPLICATION FORM
DOWNLOAD WORD APPLICATION FORM