|April 25-27, 2014: CBCN Advocacy Workshop: A United Voice for Metastatic Breast Cancer |
The CBCN is pleased to announce that we will be hosting an advocacy training workshop in Calgary, AB this April 2014. The advocacy workshop will focus specifically on metastatic breast cancer and will offer participants the opportunity to connect, enhance their communications skills, and effectively deliver strong advocacy messages to a wide variety of different audiences.
When: Friday April 25 – Sunday April 27, 2014
Where: Delta Bow Valley Hotel, Calgary, AB
For more details on this workshop, please click here.
| ||June 7, 2014: Indo-Caribbean Cultural Celebration benefiting the Canadian Breast Cancer Network |
Join us on Saturday, June 7, 2014 for the Canadian Indo-Caribbean Organizations of Ottawa’s Annual Indo-Caribbean Cultural Celebration! Enjoy a night of great food, cultural performances, dancing and door prizes, starting at 6PM.
Click here for ticket pricing and purchase information.
|Intimacy After Breast Cancer: A Program for Young Women |
The Canadian Breast Cancer Network (CBCN), along with clinical psychologist and breast cancer survivor Dr. Sally Kydd, has developed a workshop titled “Intimacy After Breast Cancer: A program for Young Women” to address sexuality and intimacy issues after a breast cancer diagnosis.
Thanks to the support of La Vie en Rose and the Roses of Hope Foundation, CBCN is making this valuable resources available free of charge to breast cancer support organizations throughout Canada.
For more information on these workshops or to organize one in your community please click here.
|March 25, 2014: LBBC Webinar “Breakthroughs in Neoadjuvant Therapies” |
Join Living Beyond Breast Cancer on March 25, 2014 for a free webinar on neoadjuvant therapy. During this webinar, Carey Anders, MD, will help you:
- Learn what types of treatments are available before surgery
- Understand the goals of neoadjuvant therapy and how the cancer’s response affects local and full-body treatments given after it
- Discover why researchers are using neoadjuvant therapies to study new treatments in clinical trials and who may be able to partake
For more information on this webinar and registration, please click here.
- January 14 – June 21, 2014: OICC Vitality ‘Active Lifestyle’ Program
- February 13, 2014: “The New Normal”: Living with Lymphedema after Breast Cancer
- February 21-23, 2014: C4YW Annual Conference for Young Women Affected by Breast Cancer
- March 25, 2014: LBBC Webinar: Breakthroughs in Neoadjuvant Therapies
- April 4-6, 2014: Skills for Healing Cancer Weekend Retreat Niagara, ON
- April 25-27, 2014: CBCN Advocacy Workshop: A United Voice for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- May 9-11, 2014: Skills for Healing Cancer Weekend Retreat Sackville, NB
- June 5-9, 2014: Young Adult Cancer Canada Survivor Conference
- June 7, 2014: Indo-Caribbean Cultural Celebration
Last updated: March 3, 2014